High School Coach Requirements
It is HRLax policy to provide every lacrosse player with a safe and enjoyable lacrosse experience. Therefore, every COACH and PROGRAM MANAGER must successfully complete a US Lacrosse background check prerequisite to a team assignment. Additionally, ALL coaches (Head or Asst) are required to complete specific US Lacrosse educational courses before the start of the 2022HRLax season.
For Virginia Beach Coaches only - In addition to online courses listed below, Coaches for Virginia Beach public high schools (VBCPS) also take, Basic VHSL Course R18 - http://www.asep.com/courseInfo/courses.cfm . They also apply to VBCPS as a non-VBCPS supplmental employee/coach - https://www.vbschools.com/employment/apply_now, which includes directions to undergo an additional background check through Virginia Beach City Public Schools Human Resources. An online Child Abuse Prevention Course must be completed.
All HRLax coaches must:
1. Maintain a current US Lacrosse coach membership valid through May.
2. Obtain a “cleared” US Lacrosse background check via the HRLax Coach Registration module. US Lacrosse manages the background checks and provides the info to HRLax. If this will be the first background check or the one you have is expired, US Lacrosse will email you to initiate a new check... look for an email from email@example.com You can also log into your US Lacrosse account (uslacrosse.org) and click on background check to initiate one.
1. US Lacrosse Coaching Education Program (USL CEP) Level 1 Online Course
2. Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) Double-Goal Coach Online Course
3. NFHS free online Concussion Training Course (annually for Virginia Beach coaches)
4. USL How to Make Proper Contact (HTMPC) Online Course (Boys Youth and Boy High School Only)
5. All Head Coaches are required to be US Lacrosse Level 1 Certified
Level 1&2 COURSE FREE to all HRLax Registered Coaches: click HERE to register after first registering as a coach
To achieve USL CEP Level 1 Certification one must complete the US Lacrosse Coaching Education Program Level 1 Live Clinic in addition to completing the above one-time requirements. CEP Level 2 is STRONGLY recommended and to make it easy, the live course will follow Level 1 on the same date.
ALL requirements must be completed PRIOR to the first day of practice and all certificates of completion must be submitted to your program manager.
You can also check your USLacrosse account to verify your certifications by logging into your account at uslacrosse.org