High School Coach Requirements
It is HRLax policy to provide every lacrosse player with a safe and enjoyable lacrosse experience. Therefore, every COACH and PROGRAM MANAGER must successfully complete a US Lacrosse background check prerequisite to a team assignment. Additionally, ALL coaches (Head or Asst) are required to complete specific US Lacrosse educational courses before the start of the 2020 HRLax season.
New for Virginia Beach Coaches only - In addition to online courses listed below, coaches for Virginia Beach public high schools (VBCPS) must also complete Basic VHSL Course R18 - Click HERE. They also apply to VBCPS as a non-VBCPS supplmental employee/coach - https://www.vbschools.com/employment/apply_now, which includes directions to undergo an additional background check through VBCPS Human Resources. More application process details are emailed directly to Virginia Beach Coaches/PMs.
All HRLax coaches must:
1. Maintain a current US Lacrosse coach membership valid through June 2020.
2. Obtain a “cleared” US Lacrosse background check via the HRLax Coach Registration module. US Lacrosse manages the background checks and provides the info to HRLax. If this will be the first background check or the one you have is expired, US Lacrosse will email you to initiate a new check... look for an email from email@example.com You can also log into your US Lacrosse account (uslacrosse.org) and click on background check to initiate one.
1. US Lacrosse Coaching Education Program (USL CEP) Level 1 Online Course
2. Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) Double-Goal Coach Online Course
3. NFHS free online Concussion Training Course (annually for Virginia Beach coaches)
4. USL "How to Make Proper Contact (HTMPC)" online course (Boys High School Only)
5. All registered coaches and Program Managers must complete the FREE "SafeSport for High School Athletes" online course
6. All Head Coaches are required to be US Lacrosse Level 1 Certified, CEP levels 2 & 3 are strongly encouraged. Assistant Coaches must complete the CEP Level 1 online trining (clinic not required, but highly recommended)
To achieve USL CEP Level 1 Certification one must complete the US Lacrosse Coaching Education Program Level 1 Live Clinic in addition to completing the above one-time requirements.
CEP Level 1 course is FREE to all HRLax Registered Coaches: click HERE to register for the clinic after first registering as a coach
CEP Level 2 course is FREE to all HRLax Head Coaches: click HERE to register for the clinic after first registering as a coach
USL CEP Level 1 & 2 live courses: Sat January 26, 2020, Time 12-4pm, Location: Cape Henry Collegiate, 1320 Mill Dam Rd, Virginia Beach, VA
USL CEP Level 3 live courses: Sat Feb 6, 2020 (tentative), Time 12-4pm, Location: Cape Henry Collegiate, 1320 Mill Dam Rd, Virginia Beach, VA
An HRLax Coach and Program Manager Pre-Season meeting will be held in January, time and place TBD
ALL requirements must be completed PRIOR to the first day of practice. VB Coaches forward their VHSL course invoice email to their program manager and to firstname.lastname@example.org - course completion is required within two years of course registration.
Check your USLacrosse account to verify your certifications by logging into your account at uslacrosse.org
QUESTIONS? And/or interested in coaching for HRLax during the spring 2020 season, please contact the Operator listed:
Girls High School:
Boys High School: